Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Sam Fuller's Narrative Tabloid

Movie watching has become a seasonal itch to me. Everything in short voluminous doses.

A chain of clicks skimmed me through Fuller's biography and hooked me to his movies and his life experience as journalist, crime reporter, war infantry, screenwriter, director....

I had seen the White dog before and loved it. I recollect vaguely Shock Corridor as well.. before knowing who the director was.

This season i watched  - I Shot Jesse James, The Baron of Arizona, Pickup on South Street, Crimson Kimono, Naked Kiss. I started with his initial films and moved on. His editing is quick and fast like an army officer commanding. It's his style of 'truth searching'. A screenwriter/filmmaker can learn a lot from his style.

I must admit i never go into war movies till I saw his. 
Merrills Marauders

The Big Red One ( It is a must watch if you loved Thin Red Line or Saving Private Ryan)


There are lots of SF passionate interviews on the web.
Tim and Tarantino check out Sam's garage 


Jim Jarmusch with SF in Tigrero


I still need to check out his Steel Helmet and others...revisit the same movies again.

No comments: